You have specific experience in agency or in-house public relations with a focus on financial technology and strong business development skills.
You are a natural born leader, passionate about your work and your team. You feel successful when they’re successful.
You are a strategy machine. You encounter chaos and instinctively attempt to make order out of it. You see a challenge and reflexively devise a path for how to overcome it. You are given a goal and you immediately formulate a plan to achieve it.
Results matter to you. Client results and agency goals are always at the front of your mind.
You are competent, creative, trustworthy, engaging, organized and passionate about communications in all of its many forms.
If you’re ready to be a key member of the management team, and contribute to the business strategy in a way bigger agencies just don’t allow, read on…
Hotwire is a global PR and communications agency dedicated to helping ambitious companies change their game, build their reputation, and stand out from the crowd. Our communications experts provide our clients with in-depth knowledge and experience of a number of market categories. From Sydney to San Francisco, we’re a team, with a ‘one office’ mentality. Our international team works across our 22 locations, including the UK, US, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Australia and New Zealand, together with affiliate partners. We bring the best of our knowledge, skills and experience to all of our clients wherever they are in the world and are committed to being the best agency they'll ever work with. When it comes to people, Hotwire PR employs collaborative and creative entrepreneurs. Our people are our product. So the hiring, development and promotion of our people is priority number one.
A Hotwire Senior Director is a key member the management team that has three core areas of responsibility: client management, leading teams and contributing to agency success. They own and manage a portfolio of clients from relationship management to strategy development and vision with an eye towards revenue and profitability targets. Senior Directors are also expected to contribute to agency initiatives, such as business development, marketing, new product/service development, as a member of the extended management team.
- Deliver excellent client service
- Demonstrate account and team leadership of the highest standards
- Support achievement of financial goals by managing account profitably, growing existing accounts, winning new business and coaching account managers and directors on your team to achieve the same results
- Drive the new business development effort (manage a lead from start to finish) and win new FinTech accounts to build out practice
- Manage a group of accounts representing a minimum of $750,000 in revenue
- Maintain account profitability of a minimum of 65% gross margin; be wiling to work on accounts across various tech sectors
- Organically grow existing group of accounts by at least 10%
- Maintain client satisfaction rating of 6 or more on annual client survey
- Ensure account teams meet monthly budget targets and client program objectives
- Prepare and present a professional development course to staff twice yearly to grow new and traditional communications skills (at least one session to focus on new skill)
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of nine years professional experience with at least three years as an agency Account Manager or in-house communications PR manager
- Deep roots in the financial technology or financial services sector
- Interest in and/or experience with wealth management, alternative investments and capital markets
- Established network in the financial tech community; particularly in the NYC area
- Entrepreneurial skills and interest in building a portfolio
- Quirky – Not afraid to speak up and own your ideas
- Obsessed with continuous improvement
- Curious about how the business works and how you contribute to the organizations success
- Driven to produce excellent work
- Pragmatic and goal oriented
- Developed strong written and presentation communication skills, with the comfort to present ideas and make a case to clients and partner agencies
- Positive, authentic, solution-oriented team player with a good sense of humor
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, especially PowerPoint, Excel and Word
Hotwire values diversity and we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category protected under the law.