You have specific experience in agency or in-house public relations with a focus on B2B technology.
You love being the ringleader and working as a lead on a high functioning team. You are generous with your time, your skills, and in sharing credit with your compatriots. You can see what needs to be done, and you can rally people to join you in the cause. You love working with the media and have an impressive rolodex of reporters and industry influencers that know you by name. You believe that words are just one way to express stories, and as a result your campaign ideas go broader, including things like graphic storytelling, videos, online vehicles, and events.
Results matter to you. You are diligent about measurement, metrics, and insights. You are competent, creative, trustworthy, engaging, organized, and passionate about communications in all of its many forms. If you’re ready to lead a winning team, and contribute to the business strategy in a way big agencies just don’t allow, read on…
The Account Manager is based in our NY office and provides our clients with exceptional service by developing and executing personalized messaging and creative strategies to achieve client business objectives. This position is accountable for maintaining and optimizing client revenue in a ROI-focused environment. They own and orchestrate client meetings and are ultimately accountable for the flawless execution of client strategy by the account teams. In addition, they are responsible for overseeing the growth and advancement of their team.
- Deliver excellent client service
- Demonstrate account ownership
- Contribute to the success of the agency by retaining and growing top clients and talent
- Manage up to five accounts successfully by consistently meet or exceeding client goals and receiving positive feedback (at least a three) on annual client survey
- Gross profit target of 65% or more met quarterly
- Top performing direct reports are promoted in a timely matter
- Direct report utilization targets of 80-90 percent are met
- 1-2 new accounts per year are added to the Hotwire PR roster based on your contribution to new business
- 10% organic growth goal of current clients is met
- 50 percent of clients can be case study worthy
EDUCATION AND OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, communications, PR, journalism or marketing
- A minimum of five years experience at an agency or as an in-house communications PR manager
- Experience in ad/marketing technology a must
- Hands on experience not just managing, but truly mentoring, direct reports and cross-functional teammates
- Not afraid to speak up and own your ideas
- Obsessed with continuous improvement
- Personable and friendly attitude with a great sense of humor
- Curious about how the business works how you contribute to the organizations success
- Driven to produce excellent work
- Pragmatic and goal oriented
- Developed strong written and presentation communication skills, with the comfort to present ideas and make a case to clients and partner agencies
- Positive, authentic, solution-oriented team player with a good sense of humor
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, especially PowerPoint, Excel and Word
Hotwire is a global PR and communications agency dedicated to helping ambitious companies change their game, build their reputation, and stand out from the crowd. Our communications experts provide our clients with in-depth knowledge and experience of a number of market categories. From Sydney to San Francisco, we’re a team, with a ‘one office’ mentality. Our international team works across our 22 locations, including the UK, US, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Australia and New Zealand, together with affiliate partners. We bring the best of our knowledge, skills and experience to all of our clients wherever they are in the world and are committed to being the best agency they'll ever work with. When it comes to people, Hotwire PR employs collaborative and creative entrepreneurs. Our people are our product. So the hiring, development and promotion of our people is priority number one.